OC Farmer's Market Day! // Week 2

written by erin //

Today's trip to the farmer's market ended up being two trips to the farmer's market. I grabbed my camera on my way out the door this morning, dropped Jon off at work, and headed over with my mom. I really wanted to see if I could get the same deals in the morning that I found last week near closing time. So the morning visit became my I'm-just-photographing-right-now-and-will-be-back-later-to-buy visit.

I found that most of the produce was the same price in the morning as it was just before closing time, which was good to know. Obviously there was a bit more to choose from in the morning hours, including some produce that had been freshly picked this morning.

One of the vendors sells potted herbs, spices and some baby greens. I had not budgeted to purchase from him this week but I am hoping to soon! 


The vendor who brought the green zebra tomatoes last week forgot them this week, so we'll have to wait until next week to purchase more, but we did get some extra zucchini this week. CA zucchini has so much more flavor than the local zucchini we found in TX. We love it.


We ended up sampling some raw almonds at one of the vendor's tables and they were seriously the best almonds I have ever tasted. I am not one to snack on almonds, even though I know how healthy they are, but I have been munching on these ones all afternoon.


We found one of the vendors especially amusing today...he thought my younger sister was my older sister and offered me a job.


Overall, I'm happy with what we purchased this week. 5 large zucchini, 2 red onions, 1 head of broccoli, 2 heads of garlic, 3 pears, tomatoes on the vine, 2 bell peppers, 2 cucumbers, a pint of cherry tomatoes, that yummy Greek pita we discovered last week, and a pound of raw almonds, which were a gift from my mom. All the produce is organic. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave us a comment...