Recipe for Mostly Raw, Vegan, Superfood Cupcakes // Muffins - Great Power Snacks!

written by erin //

Hello. My name is Erin and I'm a snack-a-holic. It's a good thing that I don't eat junk or I'd be in a lot of trouble. ;) My superfood power snack experiment yesterday proved a success, so I knew I wanted to share the recipe with you. Enjoy!


Ingredients:
- 1-2 cups organic raw walnuts
- 1-2 cups organic raw almonds
- 3/4 cup organic raw sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup organic raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup organic raw, sun-dried goji berries
- organic raisins
- organic dates, pitted
- 1 can organic pumpkin (just pumpkin, not the pie mix)

Optional Ingredients:
- 1 tsp organic vanilla extract (not the cheap fake stuff)
- 1/2 tsp organic almond extract
- cinnamon
- nutmeg
- organic dried coconut (make sure the coconut is the only ingredient)

Pulse the nuts and seeds in the food processor until they are the consistency you want them to be. I processed mine with a rough chop so I could still have some larger pieces. Add in the dates and process until incorporated, but still chunky. Add in your dried ingredients and seasonings (if you're using any) and mix with a wooden spoon. Place spoonfuls of the mix in cupcake liners in a muffin pan, cover, and refrigerate until set. Then enjoy!

Note: If you don't have a dehydrator and want something a little different, you can always bake these for 15-20 minutes at 110 degrees F if you want to enjoy them warm (and still keep all the nutrients) or if you want to dry out a little of the moisture in them. Either way, they're delicious.



2 comments:

Leave us a comment...